Some of you might have noticed that I had stopped this service yesterday. The reason is that I wanted to make some changes for proper usage. Here's what I have done:
1. Some utility might prefetch the notification URL causing a bogus notification to be sent. So, I have added a confirmation button in this service, so you need to confirm before the notification is sent.
2. If the notifier button ever shows up in your blog for your readers (which should never happen as far my understanding of Blogger code goes) and if he clicks it out of curiosity, I also have a notice that this service should only be used by the blog author. Well-mannered people will respect this and avoid clicking the confirmation button.
I have reactivated the service. Note that you don't have to make any changes to your template because these changes have been made in my website (Anniyalogam.com). I hope that this service is helpful for the 150 odd bloggers who have installed it in their blog.