April 27, 2007

Neo needs a fix

This post is for all those using Neo. Looks like Blogger has changed their JSON feed content slightly in their latest code drop. They seem to have killed index.html (as Steven wanted). This will cause Neo to misbehave. It will show the title Posts labelled "" instead of Recent Posts in the second column. Here's how you can fix this in your template. Find this section of code

if (label == "index.html") {
labeltitle.innerHTML = '<center><h2>Recent Posts</h2></center><hr/>';
} else {
labeltitle.innerHTML = '<h2>Posts labelled "' + label + '"</h2>';

and change the first line in red to this instead.

if (label == "") {

If this doesn't fix the problem, let me know.

5 comments:

Milton Ramirez said...

Updated! It worked for us. Thanks for the heads up Ramani.

Looney Mom™ said...

Well that fixed the sidebar heading but now I've discovered another problem, and I don't know if it's just my blog, but when I click on a PERMALINK it shows it for an instant then the LATEST post shows up even though the PERMALINK shows up in the address bar. Here's an example.

Or if I do a specific search, the latest post shows up on top too. Not sure what the problem is.

I don't know if I've OVER-TWEAKED the blog to the point of messing up its original functionality but I'm getting frustrated so I may have to just go back to the 3 col. template (minima) I had on before this. I think I'll just email you some time...

Unknown said...

NO, it's not because of your tweaking. It was a minor issue in the template i sent you. I have emailed the fix to you.

Looney Mom™ said...

Awesome Ramani! You're the man! I'm so glad you're still in control of this thing because I am SO clueless when it comes to javascript. I'm happy again. Woo hoo!

Now I can go clean my house - LOL!

So, just wondering; did you give anymore thought on how I could use your Multi-style labels widget in the Neo template? I loved that. Whenever. Thanks a bunch for all your help.

I'm going to try to incorporate the peek-a-boo posts now. Let's see if I don't mess it up!

a.k.a. Blandly Urbane said...

The fix is in...great work...thanks